Thanksgiving Dinner is around the corner, especially here in Canada, so if you’re planning to have the whole family over for dinner or just some close friends, it’s always nice to dress up the table to make it a dinner to remember.
Here are some tips to help you decorate for your Thanksgiving dinner: (Bonus, it will impress your guests)
1. Start at the bottom, the table cloth or table runner, this will anchor your table.
Image: Pottery Barn Blog
2. Next add a centerpiece, or several centerpieces. Candles are great to add here, as well as flowers, pumpkins, small accessories, etc… Just make sure not to have something too big that it obstructs the view of the person on the other side of the table. You want to facilitate conversation not hinder it.
Image: Liz Marie Blog
3. Then start adding your place settings. Charger plates are great additions to the normal plate settings, they add an extra touch of decoration. Mix and matching your plates is also a really fun idea, which gives the place settings a bit more interest.
Images: Lisa Marie Blog
4. Add your napkins. There are many different ways to add the napkin: draped over your plates, placed to the side, folded/rolled on the plate, draped underneath the plate, etc… Get creative!
5. Add plate decor or name tags. This final touch on the place setting really makes the setting and in my opinion, the whole tablescape.
6. Make sure to have appropriate glassware and flatware for the dishes and drinks being served.
Image: Lia Griffith
7. If the weather allows, consider hosting your dinner outside, one last outdoor meal for the year.
Image: Camille Styles